In the Science Learning Area students learn to investigate, understand and communicate about the physical, biological and technological world and value the processes that support life on our planet.
Science helps students to become critical thinkers by encouraging them to use evidence to evaluate the use of science in society and the application of science in daily life.
The focus for Science with Pre-Kindy and Kindergarten children is helping them develop:
- a love of nature and the way things in the world are made
- their senses
- estimating and predicting skills
- their ability to make good choices and decisions
- observation and questioning skills
- comparison and describing skills
In Pre-Primary the children observe and describe behaviours and properties of everyday objects, materials and living things. They explore the ‘world around us’, including weather and its effect. All lessons are interactive, informative and relevant to our World.
At Aranmore Catholic Primary School we celebrate Science Week with a whole school Science Fair.