Pre-Kindy is an educational program for children aged three years.
The program is play-based and provides children with meaningful experiences that promote the development of spiritual, social, emotional, language, intellectual, creative and physical skills.
Aranmore staff create a caring, safe and stimulating environment that will nurture your child’s disposition to wonder, explore and construct meaning about the world.
Regulations prevent us taking a child until they have turned three years old. If your child has not turned three years old when the program commences at the beginning of the year they may be enrolled and we are happy to hold their place for you until after their third birthday.
The Pre-Kindy programme operates on Mondays (from the beginning of the year and Monday and Fridays (Term Two onwards).
Please refer to the Pre-Kindy booklet for further information or contact the school office.
The Pre-Kindy program aims to:
- Provide an environment supportive of the Catholic ethos which acknowledges the innate spirituality of every child, fosters the child’s ability to wonder, experience awe, overcome difficulties, love others and reflect on God as their creator.
- Provide a happy, stimulating and supportive environment where the children feel welcome, secure and valued.
- Provide a program that will cater for a wide range of developmental abilities and interests allowing children to develop to their full potential.
- Provide a program that will emphasise learning as an interaction process. The child interacting with the environment, through a balance of teacher initiated or directed activities, free play and discovery learning.
- Encourage children to become self-reliant and to be able to make choices.
- Develop in the children the ability to communicate verbally and non-verbally their thoughts, ideas and feelings.
Children learn through educational play because:
- It is a natural and spontaneous activity for a child.
- It allows for children’s differences and encourages an individual approach.
- It encourages children to learn through trial and error and experimentation.
- It gives teachers the chance to observe and assess individual progress in an informal learning environment.
The Pre-Kindy program will place special emphasis on:
- Skills (social, emotional, language, intellectual, creative and physical)
- Formation of friendships
- Children’s interests
- Creative expression
- Sensory experiences